This year’s conference “Global Climate Change: Economic Challenges and Solutions” will delve into international policy, new economics, and the climate justice and grassroots activism occurring worldwide due to climate change.
Tag Archive for institute of environmental sustainability
- How do we communicate and educate about climate change/environmental issues?
- What is the role of Jesuit universities?
- What educational models can we use?
- How do we leverage science and ethics?
- How do we give people hope?
- What are we asking people to do?
- How do we motivate people to move beyond paralysis and into action?
- And much more!
The Office of Sustainability is home to Loyola’s blossoming GIS capabilities and courses. With state-of-the-art facilities and software, a full-time GIS Specialist is on staff to handle all mapping, visualization and analysis to improve the University’s understanding and actions toward greater sustainability.
Restoration workdays are held at LUREC every second Saturday. We work to remove invasive plants that are degrading the woodland and wetland, and we also work to restore the growth of native plants. Your work might include cutting shrubs and trees and bringing the wood to a bonfire or a wood chipper, pulling garlic mustard, collecting native seed on the prairie, sowing those seeds on cleared areas.